We understand the importance of reliability and security when it comes to tracking bugs and issues, and we're serious about the safety and security of your data. Here's the details on how we roll.
Safety & Security
- Full-time SSL Security In order to provide the highest level of transactional security and protect from session-hijacking, every page and account is served over SSL.
- Database replication All data in Vinosmith is fully replicated with a master/slave database setup.
- Hourly On-site Backups In addition to database replication, we keep hourly database snapshots for the last 24 hours.
- Daily Off-site Backups In the extreme case that our primary data center experiences a catastrophe, we keep full backups encrypted offsite using Amazon S3. We maintain snapshots of the last 7 days, and last 4 weeks.
- PCI Level 4 Compliant. We never store any of your credit card information. We send all credit card data to our merchant provider, Stripe, to store all credit card information in their PCI-compliant virtual vault.
Performance & Uptime
We take availability seriously and monitor Vinosmith's performance and availabilty through multiple channels.
- 99.9% Uptime since 2011 – Our uptime is monitored by Pingdom, and we make our full historical uptime reports available at availability.vinosmith.com at all times.
- Redundant Environment – Vinosmith runs on a load-balanced redundant environment to ensure high availability and performance at all times.
- Performance Monitoring – In addition to uptime, we also closely monitor Vinosmith's performance and response times using New Relic.